1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to get network log in key???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ReadingAlways101, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReadingAlways101

ReadingAlways101 Thread Starter

I am housesitting for a family on vacation.

They share a wireless network with the folks next door. The computer in question is now running but I do not have the network key to log back in if I shut it down. The key is supposed to be on a sticky note by the computer. Can't find it. Got a hold of the folks by phone, they do not know the key from memory. Guess it is in some notebook that they have locked up.

How do I recover the log in key from this computer before I shut it down? They do not want it to run for long periods. Normally is shutdown when not being used. This is the only computer I will have for three weeks. Is there a way to get the key?

Or do I have to just let the computer run forever. It is in the bedroom where I will sleep and is noisy. Would just like to have the key and be able to shut it down when not using it.

Folks next door are also not here and will not be back for a while, gone to Florida. Where do I look to get the key on this computer?

I am new at this so please make it simple. My brother showed me this site. First time I have used it. This is an eMachine WinXP, about all I know about it. Just want to use it for surfing and checking email while here. Not my computer, so don't want to change anything.

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Please read the forum rules. I don't think anybody here is going to help you recover someone else's key for a network that is not yours.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please see the TSG Rules, we no longer provide any help with lost passwords or getting around password protection. Obviously, we can't determine the real intent here, so our policy is to abstain from any assistance in these matters.

In addition to the above, sharing the Internet in this manner is against the terms of almost every ISP I know of.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice