1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to get rid of a symantec security tech

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by abeekman, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeekman

abeekman Thread Starter

I currently have windows xp and this security alert screen comes up that reads
    your computer is at risk in the following area:
    firewall protection is turned off
    open your norton product to resolve these issues
    to prevent duplicate security status alerts use my existing norton product alerts and turn off redundant windows security alerts.

I don't have the norton antivirus cd because it came with my computer when I bought it.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

To resolve this issue I believe you will either have to update NPF to conform with XP SP2 standards or open the XP SP2 Security center (> Control Panel) and do the following:

Select "change the way Security Center alerts me" and remove the check for the firewall under "alert settings".

The XP SP2 firewall should be enabled by default, but verify that is the case if you are not using Norton Personal Firewall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/388413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice