Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotmail Block Feature Suddenly Stopped Working

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
In the last several weeks I receive a large amount of "antivirus" warnings in my Outlook inbox. Mostly from Norton and McAffe about my "prescription" which is allegedly about to expire. I never used their software and uninstalled all their software when I bought my PC. I can't block the sender and my only option is to report it as a phishing. It doesn't solve anything and I have to do that on a daily basis. Is there a permanent solution for this annoying problem?
In the last week or so, I have had the same problem but with a myriad of spam emails. The Block button simply has stopped working. It does nothing when I click on it, regardless of the type of spam (which never mattered before) I'm trying to block. I've opened and closed my Outlook acct which hasn't done anything. All I'm left to do is report everything as Phishing. It's odd. It's almost as if there's a fixed amount of addresses you can block and I've reached it tho, you would think if that's the case, a message would pop-up letting you know.

#7 ·
I'm sure the block feature is working. The problem is that spammers who send emails about Norton and McAfee simply use different email addresses the next day. That's why you "appear" to be getting spam from the same address but it isn't. New address, same spam. ( I get the same thing in Juno email).
Just throw them in the spam folder and let MS empty the spam folder periodically. (Juno empties spam when it has been setting in the folder for 3 days.) I'm not sure how often hotmail spam is emptied.

#8 ·
I'm sure the block feature is working. The problem is that spammers who send emails about Norton and McAfee simply use different email addresses the next day. That's why you "appear" to be getting spam from the same address but it isn't. New address, same spam. ( I get the same thing in Juno email).
Just throw them in the spam folder and let MS empty the spam folder periodically. (Juno empties spam when it has been setting in the folder for 3 days.) I'm not sure how often hotmail spam is emptied.
No, the Block feature is *not* working. I'm not referring to emails that look the same and reappear later. I'm not confusing similar-looking emails reappearing "later." I absolutely know that spammers change their actual email addresses.
All I can say do is repeat what I said originally: when I select the messages in Junk and hit BLOCK, absolutely nothing happens. They don't move, bounce, jiggle or disappear. They're not deleting and, also, this is a brand new issue for the 2 decades or more that I've had Hotmail (so kinda familiar with how it works). This has never happened before. The Block feature doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.