How to get rid of FIND bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clachan

This is just a question as I am not too computer minded - running Windows 7 for last year and now I have a small problem. There is this Find bar that comes up and interupts me when I am typing or even when I am trying to fill in forms online.
Any idea how to get rid of it have tried so many anti virus scans and it is not picking anything up!

c:
Hello & Welcome to Tech guy Forum.

Please run this forum's sys info utility & post the results.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Which browser are you using?
If IE9, start > programs / all programs > accessories > system tools > IE9 no add ons
Test

Even if you are not using IE9, please use it, as a test.

If the find bar to which you refer doesn't appear, read this tutorial, you look for & read others re IE9 & add on management
http://www.7tutorials.com/demystifying-internet-explorer-9-add-ons
Search string used
tutorial "manage add ons" "internet explorer 9"

When did the problem begin? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed? A hardware [ printer or other peripheral ] or software install or removal; an update to W7; update to a program [ anti malware or other program ]?

Create a screen shot, using W7's snipping tool.
Return here > "go advanced" > manage attachments
browse; upload; close; submit

As L o L noted, a screen shot of that to which you refer would be helpful.

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online