1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to hide rows in excell based on cell value

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by CSI-GUY, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CSI-GUY

CSI-GUY Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to hide rows in excel 2010 based on cell values in a certain column. I know that I have to use the VBA but I don't know how to do that kind of stuff. I know it should be simple to do but I don't know where to start. Let me know what you need in order to help me accomplish this task.

2. CodeLexicon

CodeLexicon

Attached a simple example, hides rows in Col B when the value is greater than 50

Alt-F11 opens Visual Basic where you can edit the macros

Attached Files:

3. CSI-GUY

CSI-GUY Thread Starter

Will that work for text as well? Say if it was the word complete it would hide the row.

4. CodeLexicon

CodeLexicon

Yes, you'd just need to modify the macro to search for a matching text string. If your looking for a word within the cell that isn't the only thing in that cell you'd need to write it slightly differently.

See attached

Attached Files:

5. checho

checho

Escuse me, what if instead of hidding rows i want search text in a second sheet and sum values that are in the second columne. Attached a file with an example.

Attached Files:

6. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Checho,
    You should create your own post for this one, that's altogether another question.
    Here is what I could make of it. :)
    I added a column in each VENTAS sheet which holds the MARCA, If you always fill in the description starting with the MARCA and leave a space after it, the formula will extract the MARCA which is used in BASE to find the correct MARCA and add the value in column D of each sheet.

Attached Files:

7. checho

checho

Man! you are a geniuos seriously :) TYVM for real!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1123717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice