1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to hook up Alpha Shield hardware firewall?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taht, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taht

taht Thread Starter

I hope that this is not a duplicate as I thought it was posted awhile ago and I don't see it.
    Our son disconnected my notebook with the Hi Speed Modem, Alpha Shield Hardware and Router.
    I am embarrassed to post here as I now have 3 cables that I attached 'yellow', 'blue' and 'red' plastic identifiers too and my notebook was well connected and worked fine.

Now I have these 3 colour coded cables and my hi speed modem, Alpha Shield Hardware firewall and Router.

At least I know enough :eek: to take the phone line and connect it to the 'ADSL'...Phone In on the Modem. However on the Modem there is Ethernet??? I don't where this cord goes to?
    Then there is the Alpha Shield hardware firewall which I believe hooked up in between and it has 'Cable/DSL' and 'PC'...I don't know how to hook those up and where.

Then there is my Router which has 'LAN' and 'WAN' and I don't know what to do with these?

And then of course a Cable has to go into my PC?

I hope that someone can help this inept user and I will document the hookups down.

Thank you for your time.:eek::confused: I forgot to mention that the router and firewall are all wired.

2. taht

taht Thread Starter

Please close the thread as I have resolved the problem.

1. The "Ethernet" from Modem > Alpha Shield "Cable/DSL"
    2. "PC" connection from Alpha Shield > "WAN" on Router and "LAN" connection on Router to the Notebook.

I thought that I should post this in the event that another member maybe interested.
    This thread can be closed.
    Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice