1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to identify a font

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Thumper1, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thumper1

Thumper1 Thread Starter

I am working on a Word document template, attempting to match a letter head font. The company I am working for purchases large amounts of pre-printed paper and everytime someone is hired or leaves, they have to modify the letterhead, and discard the current letterhead paper. Attempting to bring them into the 21st century, I want to construct a letterhead template in Word, but the person who designed the present one will not tell me what font she used. So, is there anyone I could send a sample to for identification?
    Thanks

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

And she still works there?

4. Thumper1

Thumper1 Thread Starter

Actually, she doesn't even work there. She is the wife of one of the managers. Apparently, she considers this "her territory." His position is that if I can match the font exactally, there would be no problem, just do not expect her to tell me which one it is. I wanted to say "Do the words Childish, and Absurd mean anything to you!" but, wanting to stay employed, I kept my mouth shut.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Incredible :(

6. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

You can try the following. It's sort of a sledgehammer approach but it may help.

Do this test first so that you know what you are looking for.

Create a Word doc with some "junk" in it and format that junk with a "unique" font. One whose name you will recognize quickly.

Then, open this file in Notepad and look for this "unique" name. You will see other font names in that area as well.

Now, open your letter head doc, and look in the same area for a list of fonts. One of them should be the one you are looking for.

HTH

7. Thumper1

Thumper1 Thread Starter

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice