1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to identify RAR files containing folders?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by spacexion, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacexion

spacexion Thread Starter

Hi all,

Is there a way to identify RAR files which contain folders from RAR files which contain only files, without opening them?

I have a lot of RAR files. Some of them contain only 1 folder, and a lot of file under this folder; others instead contain only files, no folders.

I would like to extract them all in a clean and possibly fast way.
    My first choice would be to select them all and start an "Extract each archive to separate folder" action: this is fast but not clean, as I will obtain some folders containing just files, some other folders containing sub-folders containing files.
    My second choice would be to separate RAR files with archived folders from RAR files containing only files, and then extract them (the firsts with the "Extract here" action, the seconds with the "Extract each archive to separate folder" action). This is clean, as at the end all folders will only contain files, no nested folders, but not fast as I will have to open each file to analyze their content.

Have any idea about this?
    Thanks.

2. pip22

pip22

Huh ???

3. valis

valis Moderator

You could check the directory structure with something like DOS, I would assume.....but with a GUI, I believe you'll have to analyze them.

What is it you are trying to accomplish? May be a different way to accomplish that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice