How to import .dbx to .Pst

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mysons

Hi!

Long time subscriber - Posted a few times.

I need some guidance on the following please -

I recently migrated form Windows Xp SP3 to a laptop with Windows 7 ultimate -

I want to transfer or convert all of my emails/folders/contacts from Outlook Express (.dbx files) to
my new laptop with windows 7 on MS Outlook 2010 -

I tried from my XP pc to import messages but it wont import anything or form what i gather - it does't seem to be working -
The dialup-box that suppose to come up when initiating the IMPORT message to -

is there any other way I can get all of my emails from the XP box to my Windows 7 MS Outlook 10 -

I tried a software (demo) to convert DBX to PST - Wasn't comfortable with it.

Thanks in Advance for your suppor and guidance

Cheers!!

Mysons

Two options:
Install Outlook 2010 on the XP system, export mail from OE to Outlook, then backup the Outlook data and restore it to the new system.
Install Windows Live Mail on the new system, import the OE messages from the data store. Then import into Outlook.

The first option is probably easiest.
Choose a custom install, install only Outlook, but do not activate, it will install a 30 day trial.

See this guide for info:
Migrate from Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail to Outlook
On Outlook 2010, it's File tab, Open, Import rather than File | Import and Export

Mysons

Hello TheOutcaste !

Happy New-Year!!

Thank-you for your guidance and support -

I will have to find another copy of MS Office 2010 - I ran out of License Keys - used both already.

Thank-you very much indeed.

Ciao!

You don't need another key, just don't activate it; it will run as a trial version, fully functional for 25 or 30 uses.
Enter the key, then uncheck the box at the bottom of that page that says:
Attempt to automatically activate my product online.

When done, simply uninstall.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online