1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to import Emails Accounts Settings from Outlook Express 6 to Microsoft Outlook?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bushibashir, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bushibashir

bushibashir Thread Starter

Hi,

I just installed Microsoft Outlook on my new 64 bit Laptop running Windows 7.

I am trying to import my previous emails from Outlook Express6 which is installed on another computer running Windows XP

I copied all account settings from my old computer to my new Laptop

When I start import/export wizard it gives me the following error.

No Internet Accounts were found to Import

I want to transfer all Email account settings, messages, emails and contacts from Outlook Express 6 to Microsoft Outlook.

Can anyone tell me how can I do it?

Regards

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Did you copy the OE messages to the Windows 7 machine?

3. bushibashir

Hi,

Yes I have copied all messages and files to Windows 7 Machine on a different drive.

Please tell me how to solve this issue. I will really appreciate your help.

Best Regards

4. Augie65

Augie65

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

If you are still having problems please tell us exactly where in that Augie65 linked guide things fall apart.

6. bushibashir

Hi there,

I followed the instructions as mentioned in Augie65's thread.

But in Microsoft Outlook when I open Import/Export Wizard and select "Internet Mail Account Settings" it gives me the following error.

"No Internet Accounts were found to import"

My question is I want to Import email account settings and all email messages from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook which is installed on another computer. I have copied all messages from Outlook Express to the computer where Microsoft Outlook Express is installed in the C drive.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

The way I read that article, to import the account settings OE and Outlook have to both be installed on the same system. Probably easier, and maybe necessary, to just define the account(s) in Outlook. Then you should be able to import the messages you've copied over. But I don't know OE or Outlook, so you may well get better advice from somebody else here.

8. bushibashir

Hi,

Actually my machine is 64 bit so Outlook Express can't be installed on it. However I have copied all messages and settings from the machine where outlook express is installed.

Can anyone help me out in this issue.

Regards

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/900275