1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to import files from Outlook Express 5 to Outlook Express 6?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cyme5, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cyme5

cyme5 Thread Starter

Hello,

We want to import our emails and folders from our old computer which uses Outlook Express 5 to Outlook Express 6 (our new computer that uses Windows XP). The problem is when I click on import, I get the wizard which prompts me to click on the 'old email program'. There is Outlook Express 4 and Outlook Express 6...no 5 to choose!!!! So how do I import these files!!

Please help!

Thanks...

Melissa

2. tpb

tpb

Hi Melissa, Welcome to TSG! :) First, make sure you can view hidden files and folders and do a search for your OE5 .dbx files. Find > *.dbx
    Remember the location!

Then to import from OE5 into OE6, click
    File > Import > Messages > OE6, then select "Import from an OE6 store directory" and Browse to the folder containing the OE5 *.dbx files. Make sure they are not set to 'read only'.

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

are the 2 PCs connected through a network or stand alone?

try the tomsterdam site

4. cyme5

cyme5 Thread Starter

Thanks...I used the suggestion of the first person who replied to my post and it worked without any problems!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/146634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice