1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to import part of filename into a field in access 2007

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Hemp31, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemp31

Hemp31 Thread Starter

I have a file that i import into access 2007 and i was wondering if i can take part of that file name and put it into a field in access? For example here is one example of a file name:

"20140211_agent_statistics.csv"

I have done some research on this but cant seem to find the answer when numbers change all of the time. I just need to grab the numbers on this file name. However, these numbers change all of the time. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thank you in advance. Any help and code is much appreciated i am very new to vba.

2. draceplace

draceplace

All I can think of is to write a vbsript that rewrites the file appending the desired part of the filename to each record(not to hard but another step). Better would be to have the creator of the file add the string to each record..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!