How to install µTorrent on Linux?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kiedis

Hi.

I've downloaded µTorrent but I'm unable to setup it - when I double click the .exe file, I get some dialog box asking me to choose the program I'd like to open the file. Intuitively, I choose "Install & Remove Software, type in my root password and see that packages are being installed but when it finishes I cannot found µTorrent in Software management.

The problem is not with µTorrent, but with ImgBurn, GNS3, etc

I run Mandriva 2010 Spring.

Any tips regarding proper installation procedures would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

DoubleHelix

Banned
The problem is you're trying to install Windows programs on Linux. Linux doesn't use EXE files.

kiedis

thank you for your answer. is there any alternative method to install µTorrent, ImgBurn on Linux then?

DoubleHelix

Banned
If there are packages for those applications listed in Install & Remove software, you do it from there. Otherwise, those software developers have to offer Linux compatible versions, and you'll have to install them manually.

etaf

Wayne
we do not provide support for torrents - see rules here
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.
closing post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts