How to install AV?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lyk2no

When I purchased my Dell I got a six month trial program for Norton AV 2003. Time on this trial is running out.

I now want to install a Norton AV 2003 I purchased at a retail store.

My question is, how do I install, on top of existing trial AV or must I uninstall then install purchased AV? I qestion this because of my concern for latest updates. That is, which is the best way to preserve them?

Just install overtop, then run the updating program. it will download the most recent update which contains all of the previous updates. This should do it. that or if you want to be extra careful just uninstall the demo thing, then install the real version

Select norton from the add/remove programs list which should bring up the uninstaller. Then reboot when complete and start the fresh install.

Lyk2no

Whiteskin, motherboard,
Thank you. Sorry I took so long to acknowledge. :eek:

Clean install... but make sure you remove all of the previous version. Liveupdate, Live Reg. and the anti virus. I have had problems with this before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online