How to install game in C instead of D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gugu

I have been trying to install a game on the laptop in the living room, but to no avail. I keep getting a message saying there isn't sufficient space left. This is true, for drive D at least. Drive C however, has over 2 GB space left. I would like to install the game in C. You know, sometimes you get to choose the location you want to save it to. However, whenever I double click on the .EXE it just says I don't have sufficient space.

Is there a way to change the drive where things automatically get installed to? because it seems as though the laptop is trying to install everything to drive D ( insufficient space), blatantly ignoring drive C ( which does have sufficient space).

Desperate Casual Gamer.

Gugu

Maplestory.

I;m on the PC upstairs now. how can I see where windows is located ?

(pc illiterate)

Before u finish clicking next, after you accepted the terms and conditions of the game, click browse and select a new location for the game to be installed e.g D:/Program Files, if this location is not there you are able to create this.

Gugu

the thing is, I do not get the NEXT thing to click on. After double clicking the .exe the setup wizard says it's preparing the installation.. and then I get prompted there's insufficient space.

Gugu

Maplestory. I have installed it many times on the pc. And just like other games I do get to choose the directory, however, this isn't the case on the laptop . I thought it was because the laptop installs everything on drive D by default.

the only way possible to do this, is to cut and paste an existing file from C to D then install Maplestory with success.... Sorry, but its not possible.

Gugu

D has +/-15 mb left. so if I were to copy some stuff of D and put it on C instead .. it would work. Thanks, I am going to try it immediately!

no problem mate :) hope it works for you.... this is my first day, so if its possible for a gold star give me one :)

Couriant

James
Gugu said:
Maplestory.

I;m on the PC upstairs now. how can I see where windows is located ?

(pc illiterate)
It's usually at C:\Windows. If the Windows installation was not on C:, then it would explain things being installed on D: drive.

Anyways, most games should allow you to change the directory of the installation, regardless of machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online