How to Install Graphics card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knot2smart

I have a AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 704MB RAM,1.80 GHz. The on board graphics is a S3 UniChrome 8x AGP Shared 3D Video,all on an ABIT KV80 800 Mhz Mainboard with SATA.I purchased a new graphics card (ATI Radeon 9550) and I need to know how to install it. Iam having problems disabling the on board graphics and i am also not sure if i have all of the right drivers.I installed the AGP driver from the disk that came with the motherboard and i also installed the drivers off the ATI RADEON disk.I uninstalled the S3 drivers and put the new card in,rebooted and my monitor just shows the test screen.please help..really want to play Quake 4!..thanx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online