1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to install the sound mixer devices to get the sound icon on the task bar

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snowgirl, Jul 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowgirl

snowgirl Thread Starter

Hi

How can I know the manufacturer of the soundcard?
    My computer doesnot have the sound mixer devices on it, but still playing the audio cd. Now how to install this mixer devices?
    When I'm trying to detect the new hardware on the system, it is askng for ALS 100 Media Audio Controllers. Now what is this and where can I get the suitable one to my soundcard?

2. brianF

brianF

You can get them here, download the file, it is a self extracting zipped archive.
    Create a folder on your desktop, cut and paste the file into it, then double click the file to decompress the archive. After decompression there is a readme text file with installation instructions.

Good luck
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/htm/download/cgi/DLd1.cgi?model=ALS100&type=2

3. snowgirl

snowgirl Thread Starter

The sound mixer devices worked perfectly with the drivers I downloaded from the given site.
    But now there is another problem, whenever I try to listen to a song on net or to voice chat over net, a message keeps on popping up saying that the soundcard is in use though it is not. What could be the problem?

[Edited by snowgirl on 07-08-2001 at 09:37 AM]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/47725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice