1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to install Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by markorado, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markorado

markorado Thread Starter

Hi all,

First of all let me introduce myself:
    I am marko and I used to know more than just the basics about PC's, till one day I became an extensive mac-user. Now my knowledge has extremely detriorated and I can barely do simple tasks (as it seems :p)

Some info:
    I bought a couple of days ago windows 7 Ultimate and with that I got the option to download the 32 or 64 bit version. My laptop is a 32 Windows Home Premium 32-bit (but it turned out, that the hardware can support 64bit). The download procedure was without a problem, I got the ISO and the "bootsect" file. Then (as I read some forums), I downloaded powerISO and burned the file as an image to 2 DVD's: 1 with just the ISO, and the other with the ISO and the bootsect (since I had not a clue what it was). Furthermore, I also set the CD/DVD to primary boot.

My problem is the following:
    I simply cannot install windows. When I wait at startup nothing happens, it just wont do a clean "boot"install from the DVD. Even when I tried to make it recognizable through clicking F12, it would simply not even "notice" that there is a install-DVD at startup. Neither of the 2 DVD's were able to be installed.

The steps I did:
    1. Downloaded the 64bit ISO and bootsect
    2. Installed PowerISO and burned W7 to a DVD
    3. Changed the boot-order
    4. Even tried to install it by clicking F12
    5. Nothing happened (there was no message: "click any button to start up windows from a disc...")

Hopefully someone can help me out, since this task became a little bit frustrating :p

Best Regards,

Marko

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not sure the logical order to ask my questions, so I'll just ask away.

Is this an Anytime Upgrade?

From where did you purchase 7 Ultimate?

Did the PC come with Windows Vista or Windows 7 pre-installed?

Did you choose the 32- or 64-bit version?

What boot order do you have now?

The computer does not attempt to boot from any device?

3. Gouthaman

Gouthaman

Why don't you try installing Windows from a USB Device.This article should give you a great insight on how to install Windows 7 with USB.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice