How to install XP on dell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

***-MAST-***

I bought a dell laptop with AMD TURION processor and vista previously installed, but I want to install XP which I'm unable to do so. When I insert the boot CD the option to install is disabled.

I kindly request to help me with this.

cwwozniak

Chuck
If you are talking about a Dell boot CD that came with that Dell laptop, you may not be able to use it downgrade from Vista Home to XP.

I believe that Microsoft only allowed manufactures to offer downgrades to Windows XP Pro for computers that had business versions of Vista or Vista Ultimate installed. You may want to contact Dell tech support for available downgrade options.

TerryNet

Terry
When I insert the boot CD the option to install is disabled.
Are you inserting it while running Vista? You probably have to boot to the CD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online