1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to keep large window on "restore down"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by goedel, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. goedel

goedel Thread Starter

When I first open a window in XP, it is not maximized. I would prefer to have my windows maximized when I open one. If that is not possible, how can I keep an enlarged window in the "restore down" selection? I find that if I enlarge the "restore down" windows, they do not stay enlarged when I close my browser (Internet Explorer). Once I enlarge a window, I would like it to stay enlarged unless I reduce it. Is that possible? Should I try a different browser that keeps my windows large?

Thanks for your attention.

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

3. goedel

goedel Thread Starter

Tufenuf, thanks for your reply, but though that is the general Rx for the maximization, I find that the window does not remain maximized after repeated openings and closings of the browser.

How I can make it stick is the question.

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

5. goedel

goedel Thread Starter

tufenuf, thanks for referring me to the maximize program. I downloaded it and shall try it for a while. So far, so good. Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for your time.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/949591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice