How to Keep System 32 Folder from opening after I log on.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JHBHERE

I have a Dell 3.2 Gig computer running XP. Purchased in Feb. and running as a home computer. I keep getting a folder that opens after I logon to my user account, one of which I set aside from others of my family. I tried using msconfig and looking at the startups there but I was unable to identify if the name was there. The folder is in the Windows program Folder. It is called System 32 folder. How do I keep it from opening after I open my user account?

JHBHERE

JHBHERE

Wow!!! That was great!! You really saved me agravation. I just don't like bothersome things. Thanks again.

JHBHERE

JHBHERE

Pancake said:
Your welcome...which one fixed it ??
The very first site fixed the System folder opening problem. However, it may have caused another. I have to choose another user to install new software on my Dell XP computer now. Every time I try under my regular user name I get the wizard booting up but dying on the first screen. If I install under a different user, I can get the installation wizard up and running with success installing the software. I use the old user always but if I want to install software I use the other user to install the software. An Adobe tech took two hours of going down his check list until we found the way to install Adobe CS. I since then have installed TurboTax Deluxe the same way. In the register there seems to be a first entry that the Adobe tech said it should not usually be there. He knew more than me and he said he would not advise me removing it unless I/he know exactly what it was for.

JHBHERE (y)

Make sure your account has administrative privledges when trying to install programs.

Steve

JHBHERE

Thanks for the tip. I don't know anywhere obvious this was indicated to me by the OS or by the software company. It seems strange that this would not be made very clear to a not IT person.
JBHhere

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online