How to Lengthen the Windows Startup Sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ianandfamily

I have a win 2000 pro laptop and i am trying to make the windows startup sound last longer(i am bored), but can seem to figure out how to do it. any help would be appreciated.

Couriant

James
what do you mean by make it longer?

How about changing it instead? To another .wav file. Or better still convert an MP3 to WAV and use a song instead? That will give you 3 to 5 minutes for a start up sound.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Open Control Panel, Sounds and Multimedia, you can change the sound to anything you like, or point it at your favorite WAV file for a custom sound.

ianandfamily

I have put the open theme to the simpsons there as a wav file and it only plays mabey 5 sec. of it. When you go into the sounds and preview it, it will play the whole thing, but not when the computer boots.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online