How to limit the access on folders.?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ManBehindGod

Is it possible to use passwords on folders? or to limit the access of it?

Can I make a password on Control Panel? Because my brother keep on

changing the settings of the computer..

Thank you in advance

DoubleHelix

Banned
Set your brother up with his own restricted account. Then set NTFS permissions appropriately on the folders you don't want him to have access to.

What version of windows are you using?

If it is NT4, 2000 or XP then the answer is yes and is in part what DoubleHelix has said above.

If you are using something like windows 95, 98, ME then it is still possible but you would have to download some third party app to do so.

If you are using NT4, 2K or XP then create a new user account for your brother, dont give him admin permissions and then anything you wish to keep secret store it in your "My Documents" and he will have no access to it.

Also he should be able to change anything in the control panel either, he may be able to set his own desktop picture etc, but this wont affect your profile.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online