How to lower resolution in windows 8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hassan10494

So I was at my friend's house he was having a problem with his PC and he was using PC at low resolution so I increase the resolution at full and first it gave black screen than it displays "this video mode is not supported" or something like this I try restarting the PC and pressing F8 at boot at boot It didn't work. Now he can't even use his PC because of me. I very sad about it. If someone knows how to reset resolution in Windows 8 or solve this problem, kindly answer.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What screen is displayed before the message
F8 does not work on windows 8.1 on a UEFI system
If you get to the screen with the power button before the message
click the power button on the lower right corner and then hold down the shift key and click restart
Then if you get that far click troubleshoot
advanced options
startup settings
low resolution mode

Hassan10494

What screen is displayed before the message
F8 does not work on windows 8.1 on a UEFI system
If you get to the screen with the power button before the message
click the power button on the lower right corner and then hold down the shift key and click restart
Then if you get that far click troubleshoot
advanced options
startup settings
low resolution mode
unfortunately, windows doesn't even start and show error "display mode is not supported"

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I realise windows does not start - what screen is displayed on first power up
when you reply type in box that appears
please do not reply by clicking reply on this post
that as you can see quotes back all I have just typed

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try F11 key keep tapping it immediately after post screen
If there is a post screen a black and white screen immediately you power on see if you have time to read which key for recovery

If that does not work power on wait for failed attempt and then power off using power button
Do this three times there is a chance that this may then take you to the recovery screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online