1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Make a "Template/Metafile"...SOMETHING??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dan Mc, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Mc

Dan Mc Thread Starter

Here's what I need to do:

1. Scan a floor plan (8x 11 paper)
    2. Save that scan to some kind of file that will allow me to type on it (make notes or identify objects)

I tried using MS Paint and MS Photo Ed, but when I insert the original scan in Word and try to type in it, I can't.

What program (in MS Office) should I use and what kind of file should I save the scan as to allow me to be able to type on it, similar to filling out a form?

2. Gram123

Gram123

You could do it in MS Word.
    Open a new blank document, go to Insert, Picture, From file.
    Locate your scanned picture and insert it.
    Then to type on it, use Text Box (or one of the Callouts on the AutoShapes menu) on the Drawing toolbar. By default this puts a black box around your text, but this can be removed by going to Line Colour, and choosing "No Line". Text boxes can be dragged around the page like any other drawn object.

You can then change the font, font size and colour etc etc as you would with normal text.
    If you need to move a text box a tiny bit to get it right, turn "Snap to Grid" off under Draw, Grid.

Should work - I have several files that I drew in Paint and digital photos, and simply sat Text Boxes and Callouts all over the page and it works a treat.

HTH,

Gram

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!