How to make an ebook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Arnack

I want to create an ebook in which I can sell via eBay. I don't want to pay anything, if that is possible. I've seen other ebooks that were created in Adobe Acrobat, and I hear you have to pay to create files that way. Any suggestions?

A quick search on the title of this thread will offer you a number of choices - you might also want to look for free ebook compiler. I have never created one, so I can't say much else, although I have read that sometimes you pay for not buying decent software - but that' s often the case....

Arnack

Already searched for a couple hours and there is nothing. And for a compiler you need something like MS word to write it with. I dont have that.

Arnack

Looked at every single one of those and if you read them it says that you would need Word.

Go to OpenOffice.org and download their free office suite - can write documents in their equivalent of Word - I think you can even save as PDF files.

Go to OpenOffice.org and download their free office suite - can write documents in their equivalent of Word - I think you can even save as PDF files.
Yes my good friend slurpee is right. OpenOffice.org will probably be the best option. It has a word processing application, very similar to word 2000 and allows you to save documents in a pdf format.

Your pdf document will not have all the bells and whistles that some ebooks have like the ability to click on a heading in the index which will then take you to the relevant page, but you will have a basic ebook so no complaining if you don't which to pay money.

Hi cara! I haven't seen you lately! Been off keeping the schoolkids out of trouble? :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online