1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make an ebook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Arnack, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Arnack

Arnack Thread Starter

I want to create an ebook in which I can sell via eBay. I don't want to pay anything, if that is possible. I've seen other ebooks that were created in Adobe Acrobat, and I hear you have to pay to create files that way. Any suggestions?

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

A quick search on the title of this thread will offer you a number of choices - you might also want to look for free ebook compiler. I have never created one, so I can't say much else, although I have read that sometimes you pay for not buying decent software - but that' s often the case....

3. Arnack

Arnack Thread Starter

Already searched for a couple hours and there is nothing. And for a compiler you need something like MS word to write it with. I dont have that.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

5. Arnack

Arnack Thread Starter

Looked at every single one of those and if you read them it says that you would need Word.

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

Go to OpenOffice.org and download their free office suite - can write documents in their equivalent of Word - I think you can even save as PDF files.

7. caraewilton

caraewilton

Yes my good friend slurpee is right. OpenOffice.org will probably be the best option. It has a word processing application, very similar to word 2000 and allows you to save documents in a pdf format.

Your pdf document will not have all the bells and whistles that some ebooks have like the ability to click on a heading in the index which will then take you to the relevant page, but you will have a basic ebook so no complaining if you don't which to pay money.

8. slurpee55

slurpee55

Hi cara! I haven't seen you lately! Been off keeping the schoolkids out of trouble? :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice