1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make bookmarks open in the same tab on CometBird?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by one.sensei, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. one.sensei

one.sensei Thread Starter

By default, Bookmark bar sites are opened in a new tab and it's driving me up the wall. :eek:

You should be able to go to about:config and change browser.bookmarks.enhancement.openinnewtab to false.
    I did that. No change. I restarted the browser and then my whole computer just for the heck of it.

Is there any way to change this? I'd like to use cometbird.. but this is just too annoying. So I'd appreciate some help. ;)
    Even an addon for a new bookmark bar that's separate from the browser's actions would work. As long as it's blank (no crap to fill it up)

2. one.sensei

Anyone know? It's still bugging me. =3

3. one.sensei

Still need to know. D:

4. hewee

hewee

Your using something I think most people never heard of but a search I see it's based on Firefox code with minor differences.
    I use Pale Moon that is from Firefox code.

I do not use tabs because I hate tabs so have all that disable.
    In Firefox you open Options and go to the Tabs button and check or uncheck the boxes that deal with Tabs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019291