1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to make groove 2007 work. or sync my laptop and desktop other ways...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cutcopypaste, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutcopypaste

cutcopypaste Thread Starter

I have microsoft office groove installed to help me sync up certain folders on my laptop and desktop... really useful stuff, especially when it works. Which seems to be no longer. Now the files in one of the two folders don't automatically download to the computer. When I try to manually download them, I'm prompted if I really want to download this file, I say yes, and then nothing happens. In the Groove sidebar it says the status of each file is "File found; waiting...", which is says indefinitely until I try to download a file and then the message changes to "Locating file..."

I've tried deleting it from the computer and redownloading it multiple times, fiddling with whether downloads are done automatically or manually by default, run grooveclean.exe, and it just won't work. Quite frustrating.

Anyone know anything about this issue? I've seen it a few other places through googling, but haven't unearthed any solutions.

OR.. a better software for syncing up folders between my laptop and my desktop? I don't care about all the workspaces and collaborator projects etc. I just want to be able to keep my files on my laptop mirroring the ones on my desktop..

any help in this would be greatly appreciated, this has been getting me really irritated lately :(

(edit: maybe this should actually be in the business apps forum, not sure.. apologies if it's misfiled)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!