1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make HDMI-connect Ext Monitor persist?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zapp22, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

Gang
    This concerns an HP late-model notebook, Win7 Home Prem x64, used as a desktop with HDMI-connected 1080p 21", plus usb mouse/kbd. The goal is to make this as simple as possible: desktop-like. Just turn it on and work.
    It seems that either/both coming out of sleep state or simple shutdown and startup the Monitor stays offline because, I suppose, its getting no signal from the notebook. I tried to duplicate this on a dell notebook in my 'lab' but I only have a vga connect to work with - it just works. in fact I have trouble with the usb port but not with the monitor persisting.

is there a chance there is some interplay between vendor/maker-specific implentations, plus perhaps the embedded Intel HD video controller?

z

2. larry666

larry666

this could be an external device problem, somehow messing up allocation of resources @ boot. my brother has a new i7 super machine, hooked up with a monitor(dvi) and an hdmi bigsceen hooked up as well.
    no problems. then he hooked up a firewire card-hooked up to an external mixer, something like that. he had identical/very similar issues. when we troubleshot, i first said eliminate any possibilities no matter how remote.

long story short.

when the external device is powered up his main monitor did not work when coming out of hibernate mode. with it off(not the card just the devise) all is well.

from what i could assertain, didn't sound like your problem. i know this sort of deal does not usually occur with printers and scanners. but it is somewhere to start(or end if nothing else is hooked up in such a fasion).

good luck dude

3. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

thanks larry - i had not thought of that, but this one does have a printer/scanner attached, and the mouse and kbd on separate usb''s. i'll give it a shot

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1020991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice