1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make Internet Explorer open up automatically when dialer connects to Internet?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Dan the man, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dan the man

Dan the man Thread Starter

Hi, I have IE version6.0. Running in a dell 1.3 ghz. I use No-Charge free Internet. IE use to open up automatically when my dialer connected to the Internet. I messed with the settings and changed it so I have to double click IE on the desktop when I have connected. How do I change it back so IE automatically opens? Thanks...Dan

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I'm not sure if this looks the same in IE6, but in Internet Options > Connection > Settings, is the Dialup Networking connection you are using the one selected there? When you launch IE, the dialup adapter should run.

3. Dan the man

Dan the man Thread Starter

Hi,
    Yes the Dialup Networking connection I am using is selected there?. And I have noticed that when I launch IE the dialer does connect. However it then opens up another IE that I have to then close otherwise there are 2 IE's running.
    When I use to click the Nocharge icon on the desktop after it connected it used to then open up IE. So something has changed since...any other ideas???thanks....

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

There are different ways to connect...

I do it one of two ways -- automatically on boot up by having a shortcut to IE in the startup folder, or manually by launching IE from a shortcut on the quicklaunch bar. This opens only 1 instance of IE and runs the selected dialup networking connection. Sometimes I will open an alternate connection (different dialup number) using a shortcut to the Dialup Networking connection not associated with IE. In that instance I will have to open IE separately -- as apparently you are having to do.

Although Earthlink is my ISP, I don't use any ISP software when I do this.

The problem you may be having could be inherent in the ISP software you are using. Does it have any options to run a particular browser? Is there a help file or FAQ for it you can read?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/78699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice