1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make links clickable in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dowlinggram, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dowlinggram

Dowlinggram Thread Starter

I've recently got windows 7. When you click on send a link it does not come underlined so it is not clickable I belong to diabetics daily and often I want to share a low carb recipe I've found but it too I can't make clickable. I've checked internet options and it says underline all links but it doesn't. How do I make my links clickable in windows 7 like they were in XP

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

It might be a setting in your email application. When I click File, Send, Link by e-mail in my IE8 web browser, Outlook opens (the email application I use), and a link to the website I want to send is shown... however, it isn't underlined and isn't clickable (like you described).

Now if I put my cursor at the end of the line where the link is displayed in Outlook, and press Enter... the link becomes underlined and is clickable.

3. Dowlinggram

I tried that and it dies make it clickable in the e-mail but not if I copy and paste it to a website.

4. indianacarnie

indianacarnie

Some e-mails ....... like this forum too actually ....... you need to copy the link, then click the little "chain" (link) icon on the ....taskbar for want of the correct word, then paste it in the popup box for the link to work. That way in yahoo mail anyway. Maybe its that way in the website you want to post it in/on.

5. Dowlinggram

not every site has a url link and the one I'm referring to doesn't. I'm not as concerned with e-mails because there is a hyperlink in my e-mail page. I'd just like every link to be clickable. I think it's a quirk with windows 7 and was wondering if anyone has a solution or a download that would fix it

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice