1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make Vista stop changing my folder view settings?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by izombie7, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. izombie7

izombie7 Thread Starter

Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to stop Vista from changing my folder's view settings?

Pretty much, I want every folder ever to have the standard Size, Type, and Date Modified bars at the top, with Sort By Type selected. Also, with the View mode set to details.

However, Windows Vista keeps changing the settings on me. So every few days, or some other random amount of time, I have to right click on a folder, go to Properties, Customize, change the folder view back to "All Items" (aka Size/Type/Date Modified), because it'll change it to Pictures and Videos, or whatever.

Also, it'll often change the View setting from details to large icons if there are a lot of pictures in a folder.

Even more frightening, Vista's crazy view settings even seem to be effecting programs. Whenever I click "save image" or "save file" in Mozilla Firefox, it'll sometimes change the view settings on that too. Same with the browse in Adobe Photoshop. I just want the details, Date Modified / Type / Size, not "date taken", "dimensions", etc with large icons.

How do I stop this? Thanks.

Also, for the record, I made a similar topic back in September, but nothing has stopped it. It's horrifying.

2. PopPicker

PopPicker

I have exactly the same issue, it's so frustrating having to constantly change the views all the time.

I just want LIST view.

How can I get it to stay ?

3. PopPicker

PopPicker

I've just found this

So we'll see if it works

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Me 3, what I would consider one of the most basic and important user interface customizations and its still a problem 2.25 years after release!

5. PopPicker

PopPicker

OK almost a week of use since following the instructions on that link and it's been perfect.

IT WORKS !

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/813783