1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make website shows within top 20 postion in major search engines?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by willowyang, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willowyang

willowyang Thread Starter

Of course buying keywords from Google and Overture can make website shows in Sponsor Results, but I would like to discuss the way to make the website shows within top 20 position of Web Results in major search engines.

I designed a e-store selling brand name handbags for my client. I found that when you type in the detail special item number of the brand name bags such as 'gucci 101919', 'm41526', 'm42256' and then search, almost 90% of top 80 web results were written by Janpanese or Korean. I checked the source file of these pages and did find any special code. Many of these pages don't even have the <Meta keyword> and <Meta Description> info. I'm really curious how they can make this happens.

What is the useful information for those major search engines to collect from the page? Which is the best way or I should say the effective way to make the webpage shows within the web results of the major search engines and get the top position?

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

I'm not an expert at this; but, I do have a friend with a popular motorcycle-related site that would easily rate in the top ten--or maybe even the top five, www.motorcyclecity.com

He was telling me about a trick one day where he checked with some kind of rating system that tracked how often certain words and phrases were searched for in the search engines. Then these words were put into a list of the order of their popularity. He said if you built a web page replete with those most-searched-for words and phrases, it would quickly climb to the top or near the top of the lists in the search engines.

He doesn't use that trick as a matter of practice because he doesn't want to risk any unintended and as-yet-unknown result; but, it did work in his expereiment where he did it several times just as a test.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Its also measured by how many sites link to yours.

4. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

5. willowyang

As I said, many of these pages don't even have the <Meta Keywords>, neither in their index page nor in sub-item page. And these pages only shows in top position when you type in those special style numbers, not any one of the most searched words.

6. willowyang

I know there is a way that we can put something like images, texts, or tables in the source files but make it not shown in the browser. Can anyone tell me how to do that or show me a sample page?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/198397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice