1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to make your drivers digitally signed?

Discussion in 'Games' started by c4valucci, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. c4valucci

c4valucci Thread Starter

Just as the title says, i got this game Tomb Raider - Underworld that wont work properly. I installed the game and the game starts but once it starts it crashes and i get a error. I reported the problem to the games manufacture and they said this =

We apologize for having difficulty with our game. Your system does meet the minimum requirements to play this game.
    Unfortunately the problem is that your drivers are not digitally signed. In order for us to forward your information
    we will need you to update your drivers. After you have updated the drivers please send up an updated DXDiag report
    and we will forward your information to our product development team.

My PC is costumed built so i really can't contact a PC manufacture.
    Can you help me?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Hi c4valucci, and welcome to TSG.

Find out if the manufacturer of the motherboard in your computer has a web site that lets you download driver updates for their products.

3. helpful

helpful

4. c4valucci

c4valucci Thread Starter

I downloaded a few driver updates but the problem still persists cwwozniak and helpful i followed those website links and followed the instructions, it says that all my drivers are digitally sound.

It really bugs me that it is the only game with this problem i have lots of other games and none of them has a problem.Can it be the game? Here is a list of games i have and maybe you can compare them with TombRaider Underworld and tell me if its my PC.

Silent Hill 4
    Crysis Wars
    Crysis WARHEAD
    Call of Duty 4
    World of Warcraft
    Hitman codename 47
    Prince of Persia
    Oblivion the elder scrolls
    Resident evil 5
    Enemy Territory:Quake Wars

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

You could try sending the requested DXDiag Report to the software company and see what they have to say.

I am not into video gaming and can not really help you with explaining why only a certain game does not work while others do. Hopefully some one else here may be able to explain it.

6. c4valucci

c4valucci Thread Starter

Thats what they ask for a report on the dxdiag and they say that my drivers are not digitally sound but when i do the driver test everything comes out good, i got my drivers digitally sound, anyway ill continue searching for an answer, ill post the solution here if i find it, thanks guys.

7. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

It sounds like a cop-out to me. I have never heard of a program not running because the drivers aren't digitally signed. Exactly what error message are you getting? Eidos told me the same thing with Thief a while ago; it turned out that the problem was a bad disk.

I'm willing to bet that the error has nothing to do with digitally signed drivers.

Courtney

8. c4valucci

c4valucci Thread Starter

This is what happens after i run the game, after i choose Start New game in the menu section a small trailers starts of a burning building a few seconds later i get this error[​IMG]

9. Spiderless

Spiderless

Corrupt texture?! How are signed/unsigned drivers going to affect that?!
    Have you tried reinstalling the game or downloading updates?
    And it might only be me but I find updating drivers to be confusing and difficult so you sure your doing it right?

10. c4valucci

c4valucci Thread Starter

Yea i have completely uninstall and installed the game and downloaded all updates, still the problem persists. About digitally signing drivers i followed the instrusctions on the website our fellow members posted, all drivers are digitally signed.

11. LP9SC

LP9SC

I'm pretty sure it is nothing to do with signed drivers.
    Pretty sure they're saying that you need signed drivers in order for them to forward your information to their development team, it wont fix the issue.

The error message makes it seem like a simple corrupt file fixed with a reinstal O-o

My friend said these worked for him:
    Is there any updated patch for the game? If so, download it and try running the game again.
    Try this link for patch:
    http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/patches_pc.html

If you continue to get the error, go to Start > Run and type 'dxdiag'. Go to the sound tab and lower the accelaration (Think it could also be found in the sound options in control panel, you may have to experiment with the options ;s)

12. c4valucci

c4valucci Thread Starter

The game works now with no problems, i'm guessing it was a windows update because i uninstalled it for the 3rd time and now it works.

I'm leaning toward that it could of been i missing Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5, i had an older version when i installed the game first and then later downloaded these updates.

But it's just a guess anyhow thanks for all your help, ya kept me motivated.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/865210