1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to manually quarantine a file with AVG?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ScoobyGSX, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyGSX

ScoobyGSX Thread Starter

I downloaded a file to my desktop..& right when I did, Windows Explorer started to restart over & over again, with no stop. It won't let me delete the file on the desktop that's causing it..I scan it with AVG & Ad-Aware & they say it's clean, but I know it's what's causing it because this has happened before (Damn Vista), only last time it let me delete the file & that fixed it. I've tried System Restore..that didn't delete it.

So is there any way to manually quarantine a file?? I see no option for it in AVG or Ad-Aware.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What does Vista have to do with your downloading behavior?

Did you execute the file? If not, it cannot be responsible for your problem. What is the file's type?

Try one of these to delete it on next boot. AVG will only quarantine a file that it sees as a threat.

UnlockIt
    FreeFile
    Emco Move On Boot
    Unlocker
    Advanced File Remover

3. ScoobyGSX

ScoobyGSX Thread Starter

I downloaded Advanced File Remover..& it worked. I didn't execute the file..Windows Explorer started restarting over & over right when I started to download it. So I stopped it halfway through the download..but it kept going. & wouldn't let me delete it. Advanced File Remover worked though, so I don't know! I appreciate it!

& I say damn vista because I've ran into twice as many problems on Vista than I ever have on XP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/845588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice