How To Maximize My Internet Connection Speed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KBRAVO

I am going to be setting up a Verizon DSL on my network. How can i Maximize my Bandwith speed?

Any and all help would be apperciated...

I don't believe there is much you can do to increase the speed provided by your ISP. You could get cable instead; it tends to be faster, but not in all areas.

I use a Motorola 5100 for cable...works well and can be turned off on the modem itself..

hopefully some verizon users will show up - in the meantime, you can check out the
Tweaks forum at BroadbandReports (aka DSLReports) and/or the Verizon forum (on the same site) for some advice

No surprise - I like BBR (links above) and i strongly do not recommend speedguide and some of the other places on the internet - their 'patches' may seem to work, but often they'll fill your registry with useless or even harmful (to connection speed) values - and some are painful to undo

no need to [email protected] or do anything untoward to your modem
- make sure your registry settings are maximized instead of windows default
- phone filters etc in place

ultimely though it will depend on your distance from the CO but hopefully you'll be able to get the 80% or better of advertised speed

ps - i have, and love!, cable but that's not the question here ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online