1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to (McAfee configuration question)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by paj692, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paj692

paj692 Thread Starter

Can McAfee Virusscan enterprise 8.7i schedule a scan without ePolicy Orchestrator?
    I finally got it the way I want it except the virusscan console Full Scan and on-demand
    scan properties have the schedule button grayed-out. I only see Administrator from the
    Windows XP w/ sp3 login screen in safe mode and it has no password. I didn't get ePolicy
    Orchestrator with my McAfee install and there is no Hub or Server here so I guess I am
    the Administrator. I set up this machine and gave the user I set it up with administrator
    privileges, This is XP Home so I have no users and groups button in my Manage MSC.
    Am I out of luck, or will I just have to either get ePolicy Orchestrator or run on-demand
    scans manually, when I am about to be away from the machine? Thx paj692

2. paj692

paj692 Thread Starter

I installed McAfee Enterprise 8.7i on my XP Pro (w/ SP3) and ran the setup using "Run
    as" Administrator. I had to set up a password for the Administrator account so the
    program would run, but with XP Pro, that is no problem. The schedule button is not greyed
    out like it is on the XP Home (w/ sp3) system using the exact same installer. I did not
    install it using "Run As" the Administrator Account. I'd like to, but the problem is this; I
    can't run the installer from safe mode since the installer service is not running and I get
    this error when trying to run in regular mode (Run As Administrator). Unable to log on:
    Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank password (That's not
    it!), logon hour restrictions, (probably not it) or policy restriction has been enforced. Any
    body know a work around for this. It would be good to know how to run something in XP
    Home as the Administrator without having to go into safe mode. paj692

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/856411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice