How to monitor multiple Wifi routers

dariushde

Hey guys!

I was wondering if there's a way (or an app) for me to monitor multiple Wifi routers with different ISPs connected to them. To be specific, I'm using two ISPs at my house and two routers. I'm using a Dual WAN router to combine the two connections, but I want to check the connection of each network individually to know when one is down. Is there a way to do that? Oh also, I'm using a Macbook!

Thank you in advance

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
To tag on to lunar's suggestion to look into SNMP, I don't know even if the routers support SNMP if you'll get the notifications you're looking for. It really depends on how deep the manufacturer has gone into creating the appropriate triggering events. Because you can have a situation where the network interface is up but no network traffic is being routed.

I think the simplest way is to find a ping test tool and pick a resource on the Internet that usually is up without an outage. My go to is 4.2.2.2 which I think is AT&T's DNS server. The next trick is to find a tool that will provide alerts via SMS or email if that's how deep you want to go with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online