1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to notify others of my new email address?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by obolek, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. obolek

obolek Thread Starter

Once again, I need to establish a new email address because of a switch from Comcast to AT&T. QUESTION: How do I notify the many people in my Outlook 2003 Inbox (WinXP Pro) and my subscribed websites (such as Techguy) of my new address without doing so one-by-one?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Don't think there's any getting around updating web sites one-by-one.

For those to whom you can send email, send one email with all the ones you want to notify added as "bcc" (blind copy to). Depending on your email client you may need a "To," in which case send it to yourself.

3. obolek

obolek Thread Starter

You have confirmed pretty much what I expected. Maybe it's time for me to post all my email through my personal website. Then, at least, I won't have this problem everytime I change carriers. Thanks for the info.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Consider a "permanent" email account from Hotmail (or Windows Live) or Yahoo! or AIM or gmail, etc.

All of those, of course, give you web mail access. The latter two also let you use an email client of your choosing (I use Thunderbird) with POP or Imap mail. You can do the same with the first two with their paid versions (which, I think, are only about $20 per year).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/725363