1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to open a notebook? (laptop)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Koondaddy, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

I have a compaq presario 1200 and I need to get to the motherboard, but I am having a big problem. I took the screws out of th ebottom and out of thelid that attaches to the board and I still can't seem to get to the motherboard. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Thanks!

2. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Looking for half an hour in images , but no luck .Came across this forum though ............pocket city

3. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

700mb80min Thank you so much for all the trouble you went through. Thanks for the link and I will post there.

Thanks again.

4. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Your welcome .:)

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Had an old Acer laptop with the same problem. Once I removed the keyboard and then removed a screw that I did not see underneatch a sticker, the darn thing finally came apart.

6. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

I know, most computer/keyboards will have stickers over the screws so they know if you opened it....but there aren't any screws are under these stickers. One is the OS label and another is the model # label.

I haven't recieved any feedback from that other site yet either...Hmmm...

Thanks!

7. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Sometimes they hide screws under the rubber foot pads.

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you check the HP website (formerly Compaq)? I just had to disassemble an EVO-160, they had a complete maintenance manual with detailed disassembly instructions. It made the job easy, and there were some procedures that wouldn't have been easy to guess. :D

9. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

No rubber pads....I was able to get it apart. I did find this site: http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/msgs/1200/

My question is this now...the piece that is broken is a plastic piece that is cracked on both parts. In order to replace it, I need to replace the motherboard. Does anyone have a good idea to bond (mend) two pieces of plastic? Someone tried a gluegun but that didn't work. I have put a lot of super glue on it, but I am not sure that will work. This is the little plug that the power cable plugs into. Just looking for a resonable fix.

Thanks!

10. Tacocaster

Tacocaster

What about plastic model glue? There is a liquid glue that melts plastic together. It worked really nice for me on my models. Just a suggestion.

11. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

12. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Araldite/Epoxy Resin based glue

13. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I use Epoxy to repair stuff like that. If possible, I also drill very small holes and use wire to "help" the bond, as well as give it more strength.

14. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Great! Thank you guys very much. I will get some of that and give it a try.

Thanks!

15. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Ok, I got the laptop opened and fixed the part and closed it back up. I try to boot up and I hear the hard drive, but I get a white screen and nothing more. So the question is, what do you think is loose? I know I have to open it back up, but if I had some ideas of what would normally cause just a white screen that would be helpful.

Thanks!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice