1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to open a picture in a new window and ...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AR1Redneck, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR1Redneck

AR1Redneck Thread Starter

not allowing the user to right click on it, and save it. I currently have pictures that open in a window outside of my website. But they can click on it and save it. Now if i put the script code in so they cannot right click, it only applies to the thumb nails that are on the page. Im guessing this is because i have the picture opening in the new window, and not in the body of the webpage. Anyone know how i can continue to open the picture the way i am now, and stop a user from right clicking and saving the image? If not, thats fine. Thanks

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

Okay, the picture that pops up needs to be in a web page, rather than just as a picture. You can then add your script to that page.

Do be aware, though, that it's very easy to get around that no-rightclicking script. It will keep casual surfers from saving the pics, though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice