1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to open computer case safely

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChekYourFace, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ChekYourFace

ChekYourFace Thread Starter

I have a Presario S3000T Compaq with Windows XP. I want to open it up to see if it has a place for an AGP video card. I tried to figure it out myself and didn't get very far. I looked online for tutorials but none of the pictures resembled what I have, at least as far as I can tell. How do I open this thing up without ruining it?

2. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

3. ChekYourFace

ChekYourFace Thread Starter

Nah, there was a file with the warranty info and lots of warnings, then a picture guide to setting up the computer. Nothing about taking it apart.

4. karbonfyber

karbonfyber

Most PC cases have the removable panel on the left side (looking at the front of the PC). If there are screws on the back of the left panel, remove those. Compaqs usually have a tab/button to press down to release the panel. Slide back the left panel and lift to remove the panel.

5. Arcadion

Arcadion

Wait, isn't that a laptop? Laptops don't have AGP slots, only desktops do.

6. karbonfyber

karbonfyber

I think compaq has both a desktop and laptop model with the S3000 name.

7. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/372016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice