Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

how to open Docx files?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
Hello friends..

I often receive some files type "Docx" but I am using office 2003,
any idea about this type of files? does it need any special software to open it?
thanks

#6 ·
Easier to have it open in a known program :D
open office is a very well known app. I've used it many, many times to recover corrupt MS Office apps that for some reason or another cratered themselves (usually an excess of images, be it jpg or bmp or whatnot) and would no longer open. Open with OO, save them, after that they work great in word again.

After all, 100,000,000 downloads by 10/09, well, it can't be that unknown, can it? ;)

#7 ·
In the USA we are so 'hooked' on Microsoft Office we just thumb our noses at anything else. I've been promoting OpenOffice at my computer club here in Florida (we have over 600 members), and many are taking the plunge. I teach the word processing classes and whenever we had a Word 2003 class, many folks took their handouts home and applied it to OpenOffice Writer - that's how similar they are!! The program is well accepted outside the US - that's why Microsoft finally folded and added the Open Document format addition to it's list of types of files it will open and save as in Office 2007 with Service Pack 2. Just remember when opening the docx documents in OpenOffice Writer, you must start up Writer first, then use the File>Open command to access it. Clicking on the document won't open OpenOffice because the file is looking for Word.

#8 ·
open office is a very well known app. I've used it many, many times to recover corrupt MS Office apps that for some reason or another cratered themselves (usually an excess of images, be it jpg or bmp or whatnot) and would no longer open. Open with OO, save them, after that they work great in word again.

After all, 100,000,000 downloads by 10/09, well, it can't be that unknown, can it? ;)
I kind of meant, a KNOWN program on THAT user's computer ;) don't nitpick :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.