How to open windows maximized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GLVSR

This should be an easy one. Using Windows 2000 and Internet Explorer, when I open a window, it is small in size. I have tried to maximize a window and then exited Explorer in hopes that it would remember that I want to open all windows maximized, but it still opens them small in size. How can I tell Explorer that I always want windows opened maximized?

Just for clarification...

you have closed out of every MSIE (Internet Explorer) window.
opened up one single one
maximized it
closed out of it
and then tried to open up one again to see if it is maximized?

If this is the case, I might suggest just expanding the window and closing out of it. Move it to the upper (obviously) left-hand corner and then expand the bottom right-hand corder to the bottom. Then close out of it.
It should work that way--although it will not always be expanded.

Another choice -- F11. Full maximization privileges....

Hold the ctrl button down and take the mouse and drag the top, bottom, and sides out as far as you can. Then still holding down the ctrl button got to file> then close. Then let off the ctrl button and reopen it and it should be a full window. you can do that with any window.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online