how-to phone call alert while online!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tokyo

Is there any free software that helps to alert incoming phone calls while you are connected to the internet? Noone can get through my phone and it sucks. I live outside the US.
I connect the net via internal modem on my notebook.

Thank you

yul

well .....

AOL offers call waiting feature as a premium service.

also i think the new V.92 modem has a "modem on hold" feature but u may have to install some software which comes with the modem i suppose.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GET AN EMERSON SWITCHBOARD. Or that other product that does the same thing. They make a great $40 door stop but they are useless for modem-on-hold.
I haven't used any of these, but based on many reviews I would say go with Callwave. The V.92 feature isn't particularly reliable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online