1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how-to phone call alert while online!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tokyo, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tokyo

tokyo Thread Starter

Is there any free software that helps to alert incoming phone calls while you are connected to the internet? Noone can get through my phone and it sucks. I live outside the US.
    I connect the net via internal modem on my notebook.

Thank you

2. yul

yul

well .....

AOL offers call waiting feature as a premium service.

also i think the new V.92 modem has a "modem on hold" feature but u may have to install some software which comes with the modem i suppose.

3. suzi

suzi

Try www.callwave.com I used it for a couple of year and it was great. Not sure if it works outside the US, but its worth checking out.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Whatever you do, DO NOT GET AN EMERSON SWITCHBOARD. Or that other product that does the same thing. They make a great $40 door stop but they are useless for modem-on-hold.
    I haven't used any of these, but based on many reviews I would say go with Callwave. The V.92 feature isn't particularly reliable.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/123255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice