1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to play DVD RAM DvD's on my computer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by aljolie3, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aljolie3

aljolie3 Thread Starter

I have a DVD RAM movie i have recorded on mp Panisonic home DVD Recorder, does anyone have any ideas on how i can play it on my computer/ I have bought and installed Sony DRU-840A DVD/CD Rewritable Drive in my computer. it fails to read my DVD RAM disk. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks in advance.

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Will the disk work on another DVD-RAM drive? Don't test it on the drive it was created on (the player). Until you know if it's the drive, and not the disk (such as a session not being closed), it's hard to assist you.

Courtney

3. aljolie3

aljolie3 Thread Starter

It was created on a home DVD RAM Recorder. I would like to play it on my computer. Is there any software to convert the format so it will play on my computer?

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The DVD0-RAM format is really no longer used. I doubt new drives can read those disks. You'd have to find one that specifically supports the DVD-RAM format. It's not the same as DVD-R/+R or DVD-RW/+RW.

6. aljolie3

aljolie3 Thread Starter

I would like to thank all of you guy's and ladies for all your help in solving my problem. I am very gratefull to all of you, Thanks a million.

7. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

In the past only a few drives suported it. These days almost any drive does, including the OP's.

Internal 20X max Multi Format DVD Recorder

DRU-840A

Media & Modes Supported : DVD-R/-R DL/-RW, DVD+R/DVD+R DL/+RW
    DVD-RAM: DVD-ROM, DVD-Video

DVD-RAM : 5x, 6x (CLV), 8x,

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice