1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to play nfs most wanted using wifi lan

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lasko2, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lasko2

Lasko2 Thread Starter

i have a laptop and a desktop and i would really like to play nfs most wanted against my brother....i have no clue where to start...i have a modem that my isp provided then i have a d-link wireless router connected to the modem...the router has 4 ports which i can use to connect 4 computers...on port 1 i have a cable connected from port 1 on the router to the back of my desktop so i am connected to the internet on my desktop.then my laptop is connected to the wireless router also...so i am connected to the internet on my laptop..on both my computers i have windows 7 installed..what steps should i take in order to play nfs most wanted wirelessly over lan...\\

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3562 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461555 MB, Free - 363871 MB; D: Total - 15079 MB, Free - 1673 MB; G: Total - 99 MB, Free - 88 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 169B
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

Lasko2,

I got your PM.

If both computers are accessing the internet without problems, then they both should be able to communicate to each other over your internal network. I am not familiar with the game you're trying to set up so I can't provide any detailed help there. But if you're able to do a ping to each other (laptop to desktop and vice versa) then there shouldn't be anything stopping the game from setting up a peer to peer connection. If you can't get the pings to work, then you need to look at other possible causes. One of the most common issue that causes this is having Windows Firewall or some other software firewall running on your computer. Look to see if any software firewall is turned on and disable it to see if this fixes your gaming issue.

3. Lasko2

Lasko2 Thread Starter

i have enabled file sharing and connected both computers already...we share files but i do not know how to connect lan..on my laptop it say wifi connected lan not connected

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

If you have file sharing working between the two computers, then the network configuration on both PCs are correct. Beyond this, I don't know as you'll need to research what you need to do with the game to get a gaming server and client configured.

5. Lasko2

Lasko2 Thread Starter

kk thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028111