1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to post Screen Shot?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lyk2no, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lyk2no

Lyk2no Thread Starter

I would like to show a Screen Shot of my "System Properties" on this post.
    I have the Screen Shot croped and ready in a file but, I cannot get it posted. I used "Insert Image" then try to Copy-Paste. It doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

2. brindle

brindle

in post reply below submit reply you will see manage attachments. Click on that thenchoose and browse to the folder where your file is saved. Select it then click on upload, when it has been uploaded close the attachment window and click on submit reply.

3. Lyk2no

Lyk2no Thread Starter

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Things went fine up to "Upload" the I got this: "Cannot find server. The page cannot be displayed ......" it continues with the fault may lie at my machine or the website.
    Now what?

4. brindle

brindle

are you saying that your screen shot file is stored on the internet and not on your computer. If that's the case do print screen again and then save the file as a jpeg and attach it to your next post. There is a file size limit of 200kb, I think.

5. Lyk2no

Lyk2no Thread Starter

No, the file (bmp) is stored on my comp.

6. brindle

brindle

If you opened manage attachments and clicked on choose then went to the directory where your *.bmp is stored selected it clicked on open then uploaded it that should work. I have never seen "cannot find server" in this situation so I don't know what the problem could be. Try changing it to a jpg file then attaching it.

7. Lyk2no

Lyk2no Thread Starter

That's where it all falls apart at "upload" that is a s far as I can get.
    Can I just substitute bmp for jpg at my stored file?

8. brindle

brindle

No you can't just change the extention you have to change the format.......do you have irfanview?
    If you want to e-mail me the file I will look at it and try to post it here.

9. Lyk2no

Lyk2no Thread Starter

Yes, I have IrfanView. Do I make the change there? I will try to do the Email thing as soon as I can.
    Thanks for staying with me on this.

10. brindle

brindle

Yes in Irfanview convert it to an jpeg and save it in a folder you will remember, then try to attach it in your next post.

11. Lyk2no

Lyk2no Thread Starter

OK will try. One more qestion, will the screen shot show as an attachment or will it be in the main body of the post?

12. Lyk2no

Lyk2no Thread Starter

I changed the extention to jpg and uploaded ok. After it uploaded I closed attachment But I don't see it here in this post. Is it an attachment? I SEE IT I SEE IT
    :D (y)

Attached Files:

13. brindle

brindle

fantastic,,,see that was really simple......so pleased you stuck with it.
    Brett

14. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Things went fine up to "Upload" the I got this: "Cannot find server. The page cannot be displayed ......" it continues with the fault may lie at my machine or the website.
    You did good work on this brindle,nice to see the elation isnt it? I too have had the problem (at times) when trying to upload photos, its always been just a temporary problem on the site and it clears itself ......

15. brindle

brindle

yes it is tele........so many times they leave and it's usually a easy fix......glad ed hung in there and followed directions

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!