1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to prevent importing emails from my mail-server Inbox to Thunderbird Inbox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nicchg, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicchg

nicchg Thread Starter

I have got all my emails from my mail-server's Inbox in to the Thunderbird's Inbox and my Mail-server's Inbox is empty now. Probably, I might have CHECKED "use Global Inbox" (store mail in local folders) during selecting the type of server (usually POP for commercial accounts), and type in the name of the incoming server.

I would like to ask you two questions:
    1. How should I modify and UNCHECK "Use Global Inbox" in the Thunderbird so that all my mail-server's emails do not imported to Thunderbird?
    2. How could I get back my all emails from Thunderbird Inbox to my Mail-server Inbox?

Please kindly help...

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Dont' think you can get them back on your ISP's mail server. All pop3 based email clients that I have seen have an option to "Leave mail on server" Outlook Express and Eudora both have this feature. I can't believe Mozilla would have forgotten to add that feature.

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi nicchg

Thunderbird has the Leave messages on server option.
    Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings

As for returning those messages back to the Server, you could Forward those messages as attachments and send them to yourself so that they pass through the server again.
    Its not pretty and it may be a tedious task if you have a large volume of messages *and* you need to make sure the message size does not exceed your ISP's limit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice