1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to print ENTIRE web page URL

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by treblid, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treblid

treblid Thread Starter

Windows XP, Explorer 8. Long URLs are truncated when printing web pages. Page setup does not have an option addressing printing the ENTIRE URL. Have searched the web, where question has been asked by others, but answers have not provided a solution. Changing margins does not do it. Years ago had same problem, and I think there was something that permitted adding more lines to the footer. Would appreciate an answer.

Thank you for your attention.

2. bkmgy

bkmgy

Did you try in Landscape mode ? How long is the URL ? Anyway, here is my finding on this.

I was checking on the options in Firefox to see if there is a solution. Excuse me if you are looking for IE-only solution. Hope others will find this useful.

1) Page Setup option in Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-print-websites
    You can add a custom text or change what to be shown in Header/Footer and it can be aligned left/center/right.
    Change what to be shown and select "URL" in the Center option.
    And now the print page shows the long URL in full page width.

I tested with the sign-in URL that you see when you visit gmail.com and it shows the full URL in the center of the page.

Another option is to use the "Print Edit" add-on recommended in the above link. It lets you edit the webpage before printing. So you could try pasting the URL somewhere in the body.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice